The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Great article! I visited Aqua Forest Aquarium for the first time a few weeks ago and it really is impressive. The display tanks are truly superb and the whole shop is bright and inviting. The staff was really friendly too.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Great read, but find it's a bit ironic here:
"It is kind of stressful to design a tank," he said. "They are always changing, and with these tanks you won't know how it looks until the plants start to grow out."

hmmm.. why would I buy myself some more stress ;)

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Thank you for posting this article. It was the best publicity I have ever seen for our hobby. Now, if we could just get our local papers to do articles about our local aquatic plant "stars". The more people we can attract to this form of aquarium keeping the better the LFS will be when we really, really need something.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Great publicity, but the last sentence kind of summed up, at least for me, what keeps so many people away from the hobby.

But I feel like you have to be a botanist to come in here.
I've heard that sentiment quite often over the years, with the hobby itself being the "here". I think a lot of the publicity the hobby gets makes it seem to others as though they would have to give up all of their spare time, cause themselves stress and labor intensive hours, and so forth to have planted aquariums.

Luckily there are forums and other methods of "online support" for those starting in the hobby. I just wish that media exposure would also include that tidbit of information as well.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
I've heard that sentiment quite often over the years, with the hobby itself being the "here". I think a lot of the publicity the hobby gets makes it seem to others as though they would have to give up all of their spare time, cause themselves stress and labor intensive hours, and so forth to have planted aquariums.
That's with any good hobby

Luckily there are forums and other methods of "online support" for those starting in the hobby. I just wish that media exposure would also include that tidbit of information as well.
good point. Newbies need to know that they're not alone and there is support. That's what TPT etc.. is for!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts