The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to give in and buy my girlfriend one of these overpriced coffee machines for Christmas.
I've been looking at them for a while, all I've been able to narrow it down to I'm getting a k-cup. My question is wich one should I get there is so many options and quite a broad price range.

Does any one have one of these that wishes they bought one with more features? Or bought one with more bells and whistles that they need?

I have no clue wich one to get! Help me!

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Whichever one you decide to get make sure the cup for adding your own ground blend is included. Or pick one up.

Frankly, I got tired of buying the k cups. The flavor I love can only be found online!

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I ended up getting the b70 platinum it comes with the cup, I'm not even going to attempt to buy those k cups for myself, they make way too much money off that stuff

·
Registered
763 Posts
I love mine ...and the different k-cup brands (green mountain for one ) give free samples on their facebook pages every so often :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
My Keurig brewer Kept the coffee scavengers at Bay while I was in Afghanistan When bought in bulk the K cups run 50 cents a Cup o Joe or you can use your own depends on your preference Double Black Diamond all the way......

·
Registered
506 Posts
My coffee pot failed last week(coil no longer heats up) and it was a nice like 70 dollar machine with the digital clock face on it and like 3 diffrent modes and several knobs and buttons-that i got free from my bro when he got a Kureg. Let me tell you that was a rough morning(ended up boiling water in the microwave and pouring it into the basket). I went with a 5 cup GE for about 20 bucks, it cost less than the box of K cups sitting next to it (24 dollars). It even comes with a re-usable filter, it makes excellent coffee, is very easy to program and operate, brews fast, and feels well made. As a 2 "cup" a morning guy one pot is the perfect amount.

Oh yea and traditional coffee pot coffe its about 5c per cup :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've been debating getting one for our house too. My husband and I each drink one cup of coffee in the morning, and sometimes I want a single cup in the afternoon, but don't want to brew a 1/2 pot for myself (plus I make awful coffee, my hubby makes awesome coffee). I love that I could make a single cup. I love that the Keurig has the little cup that you can use your own grounds. And I was walking by a sample booth, and tried the hot chocolate, yum!!

Our coffee maker is on year 7 (possibly even older). I love it, but its going to die one day. Just not sure which was I want to go...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think I can used a planted tank analogy for this.

A Kuerig is like the ada advance co2 system where you have to use those expensive cartridges. It ends up costing you an arm and a leg over a long period of time. You can get the use your own coffee adapter but it's a real pain in the ass to use and clean all of the time. I still love mine though. It makes a great cup every time and keeps me away from starbucks 'most' of the time.

If you don't drink a lot of coffee, and just want a good cup every now and then, it's great. If you drink like 3-4 cups a day (like me), it adds up quick.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a 5 cup ge right now and I love it! I will probably take it to work for myself. This is for my girlfriend. I know the cups are expensive but it's cheaper than her buying her coffee from Starbucks or dutch bros everyday at 4$ a cup! So that how I'm justifyin the cost of the k cartridges lol. I also a ordered the refillable cups so you can just use your own coffee wich I'm sure will be used quite often when she runs out of k cups

·
Registered
849 Posts
Damn! Its 7pm and this thread made me want a cup of coffee! Am gonna be up all night... I like a french press, stovetop italian style perker or espresso machine myself but imagine your GF will love the overpriced contraption. I reccommend the most overpriced model of all. Make your GF happy. You know you can't take it with you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
We are big coffee drinker's in my house. We had the platinum k-cup for about two years just using tap water to fill, the wife had run vinegar through it a couple of times, to fix incomplete fill's, worked more or less ok, then came to the point where we were banging on it, to get it to work! lol. We had to buy a new one. I don't see how people say it cost more. i was spending way more at DD's!, I think it works out to be around 50 cents a cup, at DD I was spending $3.00 for a large. We plan on not using tap water in it anymore.

·
Registered
763 Posts
The basket for using ur own roast is a must..in fact all we use cept when we get free samples...pull it out and replace with kcup holder and just run straight hot water over tea bags to make a quick cup of tea...we also are on our third one...incomplete fills led to a couple phone calls to manufacturer which led to them sending us new machines

1 - 20 of 35 Posts