The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would kubotai rasboras be a problem in this tank? It is heavily planted, pH ~6.5, low gh and Kh but using wonder shells for the snails and shrimp. Water flow is low but I have an air stone.

my main concern is that they might outcompete the chili rasboras or predate on the shrimp fry (which the chilis have thus far ignored).

also how do you think the pair would look together?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have both in a 55 with blue dreams. The chillis are very shy, I have 14 or so in there with 10 kubotai and lots of plants. They tend to keep a low profile. No aggression from the kubotai, but I think they'd feel more secure in their own tank.

My kubotai leave the shrimp alone, unless a really small fry swims right in front of them.

Anyone else have the two housed together?

Reactions: keshin

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have had Kubotai with Celestial Danio in a heavily planted 36L tank. Kubotai mostly stick to the top half of the tank, not swiming through the jungle a lot. I am in the middle of decision making whether I should swap my Kubotai for Chili Rasboras, becasue they kind of blend and get lost in the greenery. I am looking for a more color dominant fish. But I have also heard that Chilis are rather shy and contrary to Kubotai, which are always visible swimmers, they tend to hide in the jungle of plants. That also probably depends on the number of fish in the school, I am considering 10. What is your take on this? Another fish I am considering is Ember Tetra.

Talking about Kubotai's behaviour towards other fish and stock, I have a very quickly growing community of Sakura Red Cherry Shrimps, no problem at all there with their compatibility.
Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover Tree

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.