The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi Guys,
I got these kribs as babies from PTR in an awesome RAOK a few months ago. I believe I have one male and one female, and just today they have started to take interest in each other. They would follow eachother around, and do the "T maneuver" that I've seen other fish do when mating. They do quite a bit of flaring, both fins and gills, and display their colors a lot! Very neat to watch. Any ideas, do you think I have a pair that will produce offspring? Or are they the same sex and fighting over territory?
Thanks!
Matt

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to note.. One of them has a very slight red tint on its belly area, and a more yellow head. This leads me to believe this is the female.

·
Registered
897 Posts
It's easier to tell by shape than the colorations. It's hard to say from the pics, but to me it looks more like you have a pair of males that are sparring, more than a pair that is "dancing".

The female will be slightly shorter and squatter, and definitely rounder in the belly area. In the pic below the female is on top.

I kept kribs for over 5 years and had at least 5 generations. I highly recommend these guys, I always had fun watching them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts