The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curently changing up my 55g.
Specs:
menerailised top soil with florite black sand cap.
Rena xp4
wave point t5 ho 4x54 (only 2 running)

I also have 2 Hydor Koralia Nano circulation pumps
A uv steralizer and all the timers I need.

Here is what it looked like:

leaving all of the hardscape the same, but I'm thinking of stocking it with miny fish. A group of 10-15 Chili Rasboras, 10-15 pygmy Corys, 6-8 oto's, a pair of German Blue rams, and if it would work a pair of bollivian rams. I wasn't sure if a 55g would be big enough for both pairs of Rams.

What do ya'll think? Would you use the Koralia's or uv steralizers. How would you anitionaly set up everything? I have a little time as I'm curently starting off the plants using the dry start method.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Bolivian rams and GBR should be fine as long as they keep out of each others' way. I have a 55g with (currently) a pair of kribs and 4 buffalohead cichlids and they're fine together.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the complements. I went out and picked up what I hope to be the most important piece of my re-doing my 55g and that is a 20g Long for a Quarantine Tank. Now to find a Spounge Filter for it. What brand or type do ya'll recomend?

Kory

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.