The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know not all no-name brands/knock offs/generic items are garbage. There is uncertainty though, as many of the items don't have reviews/reputation and some can be poor quality.

Just want to hear everyone's experiences, whether they be good or bad. So any recommendations or knock off items to avoid.

Can be anything from $1 check valves, suction cups, co2 equipment to cheap heaters to various controllers to canister filters, and everything in between that is aquarium related.
Any hidden gems (great finds) out there? Seeing if there is anything intriguing out there for a good deal and worth a try.

As popular as Aquatop/SunSun has become, it probably still is considered as a bargain/off-brand. Feel free to mention anything though.

Don't post any eBay links as they will be removed, but I guess Amazon links to identical items or keywords (maybe an item #?), pics or just a description should be good.

Please no opinionated comments about off brand items without having tried them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I build my own lights and the only commercial one that produces better looking glow is the Kessil although I have not seen the giesemann or ati.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I purchased a 48inch T5HO 4X54 watt unit a few years back. It is a great fixture and has a good reflector! Unfortunately, after 2-3 years of use, one of the bracket arms broke and I replaced the unit with LEDs: it is now in the corner of my garage and still works, but has only one bracket. I suppose I could hang it from the ceiling to use it. It has no brand name and it is a Chinese knock off.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I bought a 72" led light with over 100 watts of power. It's a made in China and it has been great. The light color is not the best for plants but fish only it great. I had it for 6 months with no problems and it cost 139.00. I think the brand was EVO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.