The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my favorite fish of all time is the Black Ghost Knife but since they get so big I will not get one unless I have at least a 300 gal tank.

I know people are gonna say you can get away with a lot smaller tanks but I have a real problem with that. I could survive living in a jail cell but I would not be too happy.

That being said I was researching smaller knifefish and came across the Centipede knifefish, Steatogenys duidae.

Anyone have experience with these guys? Also could a group live comfortably in a 65g considering what I said above?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree. I have an African brown knife and he is awesome! Eats just about everything and is about 7-8inch. As adults they are solitary but you g ones like to be in groups. He is in my 60 gallon tank. His favorite type of day is twilight. Hope you get one! :D

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I was looking at them as well. They sound interesting but the difference between a foot long and 8 inches is what is deterring me.

Any one have anything on the centipede knifefish?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so after closer inspection only in the wild do they get 12" when in a aquarium they are about the same size as the centipede

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah I'm not too worried about that. He likes his Mealworms and blood worms too much to mess with any of my fish. He won't eat the Beef heart I bought though, little punk..

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I'm not too worried about that. He likes his Mealworms and blood worms too much to mess with any of my fish. He won't eat the Beef heart I bought though, little punk..

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
Wow mine was not fussy at all. He would eat chunks of algae waffers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.