The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is our house terror enjoying the warmth of the aquarium lights. He also stalks the fishies in his spare time between abusing the other kitties.

His name is Monster.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I hate when my cat does that! She itches fur into the tank and sticks her dirty little paws in the water!

When I had my 20g completely empty and just sitting on the stand with no hood, my little tabby would sleep in there. lol. .....catfish.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Wow! Look at all those anubias! That looks like a beautiful tank - sideways, anyhow! Is that a sword behind them (reddish plant)?
I kinda envy Monster- I bet he doesn't have a bit of arthritis! Nothing like wall-to-wall heat lamps ; )
We'll all envy him in February...

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Heh... My cats cant get to the top of mine... they watch it like a disney movie... they like disney movies... and musicals... However my youngest has decided hes taken a liking to sitting in and sleeping in a tank im setting up...

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see we all understand the mind of kitties, hehe. Below is a shot of the Monster "helping" me take pics this morning.

My cats originally couldn't get to the top of the tank but we recently moved our living room around and now it's the New Favorite Place. And yeah, it does look warm and snuggly. :D

Eldach, I see your kitty is training you up right. :D

Drift, thank you and here's a shot of the whole anubias community in this tank, taken this morning in the sunlight. I got it for an amazing deal here from another member. I really need to rearrange it better though. Yes, I'm pretty sure that's a melon sword next to it. Here's a couple of shots in this thread on page 33:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/low-tech-forum/99729-low-tech-tank-show-tell-low-33.html

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Cats and Tanks

Good morning See...

I hear you "loud and clear". We have 10 of the furballs and 6 large planted tanks. I was in the middle of feeding the fish in one of my 55 Gs, had the hood open and one of the "knuckleheads" decided at that moment to jump up on the tank. Needless to say, she took a very quick dip! She's been extremely careful since. A pic of her swimming pool is attached.

Above everything else, have fun!

B

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ten kitties?! People after my own heart! I only have 4 at this time.

Lol, yep mine has taken a dip once or twice. About a year ago I had a stool next to the aquarium. I'd walked away for a moment, heard a big splash, and whirled around to see him running off sopping wet, hehe.

I love your tank. What kind of fish do you have in it?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
This is my kitty loving my tank :) She is a Bengal and loves water, she even goes for a swim now and then.

and here she is on my new 125 gallon.

and here is the catfish.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
For a very long time I thought I had a huge amount of evaporation out of my nano tank, It would seem I was adding an inch of water every other day... until I noticed my cats, All three of them liked to go get a quick gulp.

I also had to work on training them not to sit on top of the 36 gal. the light is suspended, and they would crawl out under the light on the glass lid and sun bathe, the plants were suffering lol

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Ten kitties?! People after my own heart! I only have 4 at this time.

Lol, yep mine has taken a dip once or twice. About a year ago I had a stool next to the aquarium. I'd walked away for a moment, heard a big splash, and whirled around to see him running off sopping wet, hehe.

I love your tank. What kind of fish do you have in it?
Hello again See...

It's a 55 G, low light, low tech (no CO2 or anything fancy) with about 150 Fancy Guppies and a few Corydoras as the "Cleanup Crew". Needless to say the bioload is considerable. But, I change at least half the water every week and that keeps everybody happy.

B

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
lol - I have to laugh at the visual of the cats blocking the light from the plants. You know they will always think we put the lights there for them... ; )

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm having a big laugh at the cats blocking the plants' lighting too. That's just so funny!

Eldach, I meant to say your kitten is gorgeous.

Nalu, your's is too. I'd love to see swimming pics. Wow.

B, I thought those were guppies but wasn't sure. I was admiring your tank in another thread a few days ago.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I've got two cats, and my two 55g they can't get up to (they sit very high off the ground), but my 29g sits on a rolling chest sitting on the floor, and before we had that tank, we would leave the chest in front of the window and they'd lay on it during the day. Well, now that the tank is on it, they're all kinds of upset about it lol! They have to lay around the tank, usually wrapping around the corners.

Here is Clyde trying to figure out what a fiddler crab is doing in the new tank: (sorry for crappy pics, taken with my old, awful phone)

That was about four months ago, when I thought multicolored gravel was "pretty" lol. I've come a lonnngggggggg way since then!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I'm having a big laugh at the cats blocking the plants' lighting too. That's just so funny!

Eldach, I meant to say your kitten is gorgeous.

Nalu, your's is too. I'd love to see swimming pics. Wow.

B, I thought those were guppies but wasn't sure. I was admiring your tank in another thread a few days ago.
I never had luck taking a pic when she is in there. It goes to fast.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You all have beautiful kitties.:hihi:

My cats usually show no interest in my fishtanks......
until I bought a little betta that has quite a bit of finrot..So I set him up temporarily in a 3 gallon critter keeper with a little aquarium salt...Once he is better he will be moving up to the 20 gal. with live plants......

Today I went to do a good cleaning of the critter keeper and I found this:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.