The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After reviewing pictures this shrimp is a Panda not a King Kong. Maybe the price will come down. :)

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Sellers eBay name is fitting. lol

SteveU

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sellers eBay name is fitting. lol

SteveU
Actually for a true King Kong shrimp the $800 price tag is right. Also that seller is extremely nice to work with as I've ordered from them on many occasions and will be getting some Taiwan CRS shortly from them.

Craig

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
$10 says he sits on those a loooong time.

I can't see the US market being interested in actually paying the same prices as over there lol. Its not the same hobby...

-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Spend $1600. :icon_wink
I think you're best off just contacting Silane and seeing if he'll hook you up for a small group.

On a different note, this seller is near me... Maybe they will give a discount for pick ups... :hihi:

-Andrew

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think you're best off just contacting Silane and seeing if he'll hook you up for a small group.

On a different note, this seller is near me... Maybe they will give a discount for pick ups... :hihi:

-Andrew

Silane won't ship to the US. Customs is too much work and the cost to import over is several hundred dollars just in shipping. I've asked. :proud:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Silane won't ship to the US. Customs is too much work and the cost to import over is several hundred dollars just in shipping. I've asked. :proud:
I dont doubt this is true, but i dont get it? How can it be hundreds of dollars!!??? You can buy anything else from taiwan...bettas, guppies, shrimp and get it through a transhipper...for like $7.00 plus whatever the transhipper charges to ship to you from the states. So how can they do it? I guess i dont even care how they do it, cuz it obviously can be done...so why doesnt silane do that?

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I'm not saying he'll never get it but $800 for a solitary shrimp that lives 2-3 years is just crazy regardless of your wealth.

It's times like this that the FW hobby reminds me of the SW hobby where people pay hundreds for a single polyp or a 1" colored stick and that's not a good thing.

SteveU

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not saying he'll never get it but $800 for a solitary shrimp that lives 2-3 years is just crazy regardless of your wealth.

It's times like this that the FW hobby reminds me of the SW hobby where people pay hundreds for a single polyp or a 1" colored stick and that's not a good thing.

SteveU

Biggest issue is this isn't a King Kong but a Panda which fetch a much lower price.

I would love to have a group of them is I had tons of disposable income but in all reality probably will never happen.

Craig

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
800$ dollars for 1 shrimp 10 shrimp or 100 shrimp is ludicrous weather its a panda a king Kong or a monkey butt shrimp i don't get it?
Then why post if you don't get it. Do some research on the subject and have something useful to add.

And $800 for 100 shrimp is only $8 a shrimp. Some people spend more then that per fish. Look at discus they are $50-200+ per fish. Wild Altum Angels are up there. Cichla Intermedia $250 a pop for 3" babies. Thats not countiing what the salt guys pay for corals or fish.

I prefer shrimp over fish so spending $30 on a shrimp that has the genes I want is no different then buying certain Discus based on there traits that fetch upwards of $200 each.

Craig

·
Registered
302 Posts
i think spending 100$ on a fish is kooky IMO if anyone else thinks its OK thats cool it's not my money i think people obviously should do what make's them happy i spend a lot of money on booze and smoke i just caught this thread and it made me snicker a little and i had to chime in didn't mean to upset. i wish i had a bunch of cool shrimp like these they are really cool the real king kongs anyway!

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not upset but if you come in just to bash a conversation why do it. You should google some of Silanes shrimp. He is a great breeder that has some cool stuff. He has done lots of research and playing to find genetics that most would love. Can't imagine how much he has in shrimp.

See if you cut the booze and smokes you could have these great shrimp.

Craig

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
i just bought some crs from yoyo. very nice people to deal with. and they did allow me to pick up, saved me $75 in shipping.

and for a real king kong i would punch my mom in the face and pay $800. you dont want to know what i would do for enough to breed

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i just bought some crs from yoyo. very nice people to deal with. and they did allow me to pick up, saved me $75 in shipping.

and for a real king kong i would punch my mom in the face and pay $800. you dont want to know what i would do for enough to breed

what ones did you buy?

Craig

1 - 20 of 32 Posts