The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a question regarding where to obtain killifish. I'm in the process of setting up a small 10 gallon tank at my office. It will be a heavily planted tank. I would like to turn it into a killi tank once it's been going for awhile. Small killi's, like a couple of clown killi's. The problem is I live in a rural area in Wyoming. Are there any reputable online dealers to obtain Killi's from? I know drsfosterandsmith.com says they carry them, but I've periodically checked their site over the past year (while I was trying to figure out what type of tank to set up) & they always seem to be out of stock of most of their small killis.

Thanks,
Mary

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I have a tank full of Epiplatys dageti - clown killies. Looks like most of my fry are male, but if you're ok with that I could send you a few. They're delightful fish.

My local club also has a LOT of killie breeders. I bet with a little asking around I'd be able to hook you up with a breeding pair.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks

I was thinking of Epiplatys annulatus, but I like dageti's also. I think they would do well in the tank I'm setting up.

I'm not ready quite yet. I'm still setting the tank up. I won't have water in it until this week, & then I'll have to cycle & plant. When I'm ready should I post on the board again? I want the tank to be somewhat established, so I'm thinking about a month.

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
I'm not real keen on big box stores, but I just picked up an absolutely beautiful pair (male and female, not sure if they'll like eachother or not) of golden wonder killies at petsmart...the male is a brilliant yellow and the female a reflective white with red fins. yeah, they are pretty common, but damn are they elegant! Only $2.99ea. btw.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
http://www.franksaquarium.com/

Frank often has odd kilifish for sale.
always email him first before ordering
online to confirm he has stock and
his order entry system is functional.
Don't be fooled by his amateurish sight,
he has excellent specimens that are
shipped very professionally.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.