The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/detailed_image.cfm?pCatId=2772

I was thinking of putting a Mamfensis Panchax Killifish or Fundulopanchax Gardneri Mamfensis Ossing in with a dwarf cichlid. Possibly a Bolivian Ram or an Appistogramma Cacatuoides.

They have similar conditions however I know certain Killies can be timid while certain dwarfs can at times be bullish. They inhabit different regions of the tank and I don't plan on breeding my dwarfs.

Has anyone heard of this combination before? Would it work or at least be worth a gamble? I know if the killi gets bullied too much it will likely stop eating.. There are also Cardinals in the tank who can at times jump on food.. I think this could offer a very very colorful set of fauna. Any thoughts? (Hopefully something besides: "These are species only") :red_mouth:red_mouth

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/detailed_image.cfm?pCatId=2772

I was thinking of putting a Mamfensis Panchax Killifish or Fundulopanchax Gardneri Mamfensis Ossing in with a dwarf cichlid. Possibly a Bolivian Ram or an Appistogramma Cacatuoides.

They have similar conditions however I know certain Killies can be timid while certain dwarfs can at times be bullish. They inhabit different regions of the tank and I don't plan on breeding my dwarfs.

Has anyone heard of this combination before? Would it work or at least be worth a gamble? I know if the killi gets bullied too much it will likely stop eating.. There are also Cardinals in the tank who can at times jump on food.. I think this could offer a very very colorful set of fauna. Any thoughts? (Hopefully something besides: "These are species only") :red_mouth:red_mouth
Come on.. I'm sure someone here has tried this mix.. Anyone with experience with Killifish willing to take a guess at how this might play out?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.