The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with this? There's a couple different sellers on aquabid, all from south america. I'm kinda worried about the shape they'll be in, if they'll be fertilized, how long it'll take to get em, etc.

So does anyone know if I'll actually receive these eggs or not, and if they'll hatch if I do?

I'm thinkin' I want these [strike]no aquabid link[/strike]

but I'm a bit leery of the whole situation.

If I decide to go with one of the auctions for 55 eggs, and end up with 45 fry, anyone wanna buy some real cheap kilifish? :D

Oh, and on a side note, just so I don't have to make another thread in inverts and crowd up the forum... only a few weeks after getting back into the fish keeping hobby I've decided I must have a shrimp tank, probably for breeding some of the rarer shrimp. So what's a good size shrimp tank? And how many shrimp can I keep per gallon if it's set up correctly?

Cheers!
Nick

edit; >_< I thought I was posting this in general planted tank discussion! My mistake. When I have 50 tabs open I kinda mess things up, heh. If a mod could move this to it's proper place I'd appreciate it greatly. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I've thought about ordering some but have the same concern as you. eBay has (or at least had) a ton of Killi eggs as well. Sometimes the shipping is just nuts, especially since it may take 2-4 weeks to get! I can get stuff shipped 1-2 days from South America for $40.....yet it's $35 for 2-4 week delivery!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the whole ordeal seems a little sketchy to me. One of em' says that he ships it to a person in my state, then I e-mail that person and they ship it to me, so I have to pay shipping twice. I'm probably not going to do it, but it'd be nice if I knew it would work out.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are doing it the legit way, using a trans shipper.
Hmmm? I googled it and didn't find a concise answer. Is that just someone who is permitted to receive live animals from other countries by the US govt?

Edit; that was your 911'th post and your location is set as 911. Nifty. lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.