The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Kessil showed up today. It's going to be a bit before I set up my new high tech that I'm using the kessil on but I'll show it over another tank for comparison. Disclaimer, I know this tank sucks but it's just for something to compare it to. The light over this tank is a 10w flood which is really bright and growing DHG, Lloydiella, and C parva like a champ even though it's only a few weeks old. Distance from light to substrate is 16". The Kessil is much brighter than the floodlight and washes out the picture a bit but looks great in person. If I ran it over this low tech tank I would probably have it set somewhere between 50%-60%. After playing with it a bit I think if I ran it any higher than around halfway I would probably have algae. The color spectrum goes from 6000k to 9000k which is quite a swing. I will probably end up running it around 6500-6800k as that range seems pleasing to me. I know that brightness as perceived by our eyes isn't always a great indicator of how a light grows plants but if this cheap $25 flood light is growing them I imagine the kessil will do far better in that regard and is brighter.

With 10w flood:

Kessil at 100% intensity and color somewhere around 6500k I would guess

1 - 1 of 1 Posts