The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help me decide. I have both right now.

I like both but the color on the halo looks better.
Plant growth I don't know.
Any bad experiences in either?
Halo is a teeny tad louder but not by much

Please give your thoughts. Pics below
Kessil left side. Halo right side

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
I thought I read that the halo grows red plants better, but maybe not tested? (hence the red tint). Also from your picture the halo shimmer's like a metal halide?

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
for me the versatility of the Halo will always trump the Kessil....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for me the versatility of the Halo will always trump the Kessil....
I agree, But the fan.. wonder if i can replace it with a more silent one.

I know this may cost more but thinking of returning the Halo and custom fitting two T5 Lamps with Super Flora or UVL Red Sun and use along my kessils.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have both lights at a similar intensity setting in this pic? If not, can you post a pic with both at or near maximum? I'm trying to choose between these two lights, but my tank is 30 inches deep so brighter is better.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The halo looks a little flat compared to the Kessil in my opinion. Hard to tell from the picture though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have both lights at a similar intensity setting in this pic? If not, can you post a pic with both at or near maximum? I'm trying to choose between these two lights, but my tank is 30 inches deep so brighter is better.
Sorry Buddy. I returned the Halo and kept the Kessils. The fans were too loud and the build just feels better with the Kessils.

Here they are at 70% intensity with 60% adjusted color I have them ramp dusk to dawn colors using an Apex.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I liked the look of the Kessil better. They are amazing lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts