The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice on what setting for the color and intensity for the A160we tuna sun on a low-tech plant discus tank, just some amazon swords , jungle val, and tiger lotus plants. I have three of these lights on my 125-gallon tank and not completely happy with these lights after sending a small fortune on them.

·
Premium Member
75g, 40g, 20g
3,848 Posts
Need some advice on what setting for the color and intensity for the A160we tuna sun on a low-tech plant discus tank, just some amazon swords , jungle val, and tiger lotus plants. I have three of these lights on my 125-gallon tank and not completely happy with these lights after sending a small fortune on them.
Might find some good info in this thread PAR Values on the Kessil Tuna Sun A160?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I can tell you what I found out based on experience. I had the A160 but recently switched to a different light. I wanted more reds and the Kessils just don't provide that. (I also was the one that started the mentioned thread above)

When I was running it I was going for a high light setup and running it on 80% for 8 hours a day about 18 inches above the substrate. That was enough to grow a carpet of micro sword and grew Blyxa Japonica like crazy. I'd guess that it was around 60 par at the substrate with that setup.

I don't know how tall your tank is, obviously that makes a significant difference, but for a low light setup I wouldn't run it anything over 60-70% assuming your tank is much deeper than the 18" that I was running.

If you're going low light, I absolutely recommend getting some crypts as well for your tank, they look really good under the shimmer effects of the Kessils

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.