The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 6 Inpaichthys kerri tetras last Friday and they have been in a 10 gallon bare-bottomed quarantine tank until they clear to go into my 40B. I have three males and three females and have been dosing 5ml of Melafix daily to ease stress and prevent some rubbed noses (I think from rough transport) from getting infected.

They are all eating and swimming actively. However, the largest male seems to be pretty aggressive and is harassing ALL others. I'm noticing some have pretty long splits right down the middle of their dorsal fin. :c My smallest female has been swimming vertically up and down the glass, and I've noticed all males have been interested in following her but all she wants to do is keep swimming up and down.

Does this sound like normal Kerri behavior? I'm wondering if it's courting aggression, but I don't want the dominant male to beat up the others. I love the little guys but it looks like a psych ward in there right now with a serial chaser and an up-and-downer (I just imagine her muttering nonsense).

Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 5.0ppm
PH: 7.4
Temp: 78 F
25% water change every three days
Only a floating fake plant and some browning floating water sprite

1 - 1 of 1 Posts