The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20 gallon planted tank with anubias, dwarf satittaria, cryptocoryne wendtii, ludwigia, frogbit, and vallisneria. I had an outbreak of ich this week. I took my plants out and am keeping them in a tub of water in the bathroom. There is some light from a skylight and from a florescent about three feet over the plants. The plants will have to stay out of the tank until I am done with the ich treatment (salt and 85 degree temp). Is there anything else I should be doing with the plants, maybe an airstone, water changes, frets? Also, how can I make sure that my plants don't reinfect the tank once I put them back in? Thanks, Wayne

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I have a 20 gallon planted tank with anubias, dwarf satittaria, cryptocoryne wendtii, ludwigia, frogbit, and vallisneria. I had an outbreak of ich this week. I took my plants out and am keeping them in a tub of water in the bathroom. There is some light from a skylight and from a florescent about three feet over the plants. The plants will have to stay out of the tank until I am done with the ich treatment (salt and 85 degree temp). Is there anything else I should be doing with the plants, maybe an airstone, water changes, frets? Also, how can I make sure that my plants don't reinfect the tank once I put them back in? Thanks, Wayne
It's a no brainer. Minus a substrate, do the same thing you would if these plants where in your tank

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Ich would die away from fish after a few days, so since these plants aren't with fish ATM, you should be fine once treatment is over in say, a week or two.

I like to keep doing heat and salt for three days after I see the last signs of ick, to be sure it's all gone and dead

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.