The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 40B and have been running, I think it's an Aqueon dual T8 ballast with TropicSun and 6500K bulbs. I just got my finnex 24/7 planted light. I know I needed to adjust down the finnex- that is screamingly obvious to me right now. I want to fill the back wall of my tank with tall plants and I'm curious if I'd be ok using just the finnex if I needed to keep it over the center of the tanks because I want to go with a colorful middle row of plants with a shadier open space in the front for rummynose viewing or should I keep my dual ballast towards the back so the tops of the taller plants can get enough light. Curious for any predictions of what's going to happen in these scenarios as well. Thanks in advance!!
Plant Water Vertebrate Pet supply Organism
Plant Pet supply Fish supply Organism Grass

·
Registered
30g long, low tech, Finnex CRV, medium planted easy plants, rosy tetras, RCS, sterbai corys...
29 Posts
I assume you've figured this out by now,, but,, my 30 long (also 36 long and the same height, just not as deep) is running a finnex crv, which is one of the 24/7s. For low tech with pps pro, I think I have a good balance running it on custom 24/7 where only 2 adjacent times are on at 50%. Basically ramps up to 50 over 3 hours, stays at 50 for 3 hours, then ramps down for 3. Everything else is 0. I dose 3ml of excel daily and a half pps pro dose daily and everything grows well, is stable and no blooms.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I gave up the ballast and customized my light color/ time scheme a while ago. I had fun playing with my algae bloom.
I assume you've figured this out by now,, but,, my 30 long (also 36 long and the same height, just not as deep) is running a finnex crv, which is one of the 24/7s. For low tech with pps pro, I think I have a good balance running it on custom 24/7 where only 2 adjacent times are on at 50%. Basically ramps up to 50 over 3 hours, stays at 50 for 3 hours, then ramps down for 3. Everything else is 0. I dose 3ml of excel daily and a half pps pro dose daily and everything grows well, is stable and no blooms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.