The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Thought I should finaly share a few pics of my tank. (I have many other tanks but they are not so good/interesting). Its 75 Gallons, low tec right now. I'm prity lax on the maitanence and all. Just over 2 WPG lights on for 12 hours a day (probly the cause of my algae.) Most of the plants are doing ok, have mostly hair algae. But I don't mind dealing with it compaired to other types. Someday I'd like to go compressed co2 and up my ferts and light, but not yet...

Occupents are 21 Congo Tetras (nice 50/50 male females ratio thankfully, bought when they were young.)
A handfull of Amano Shrimp, a wood shrimp and tones of snails.

Just realised my full shot is to long. Click here to view it.

Heres a smaller but more blury shot.

There is a piece of driftwood in there under all that val, bobitus and java ferns. I love it but I always seem to burry it in plants...

Not the best quality photos but I'm open to sugestions. (Yes teh room lights were off but the hood is such that it lets light out, thus the reflections. Will block it off next time.) Sugestions especialy welcom on how to get good colour and light saturation on the plants without them going blury.

Left Side:

Right side:

This was about a month ago. Have rearanged a bit.

Plant list can be found on the full shot on Flickr, and the plants are also labeled using 'Notes' in the Right side, Left Side shots on Flickr too.

My floaters:

And forgot to upload my fish photos to my site. (they are on flickr) Will try and fix that later.

Also...aquascaping chalanges me. I just tend to plant and see how they grow without planing to much. Sugestions on that frount are always welcome too.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I am with you on the collecoritis, Kaylee
The one good thing about it, is it is definitely a learning experience....all of the different species and all~

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
No, I really like it. Really. It just really feels like rainforests by my house in Hawaii-- how should I say it? It has the right . . . tempo? Anyway, good work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts