The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Long-time Lurker
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

As having just one tank is not enough and many people will understand it, AND a lfs was closing down :icon_cool, I decided to get some more tanks. This is my second 55g tank.

Lights: 2x 54W T5HO for 10 hours
Pressurized Co2 with inline diffuser, on and off with the light
Air pump on for 12 hours after Co2 turns off
Substrate: Eco complete
Filter: Eheim 2213

FTS of the tank

blyxa japonica and some riccia in the back

This pic was taken a week later. The blyxa is melting :icon_cry:

I love Riccia. They are pretty when they are pearling!

The tank under moonlight LED at night

FTS of the tank after a trim, mainly for the DHG. I was waiting for them to take root. I have them outside for while a long time before planting so they were kinda yellow. hope they will come back soon. I want my DHG carpet!

I also put in some fish: neon, bloodfin, glowlight tetras, ottos and some ghost shrimps.

The blyxa is making a comeback at the moment. I will update with pictures soon. :thumbsup:

·
Long-time Lurker
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I need some ideas of what plants should i have on the left side of that driftwood because I cannot tie riccia on that side. Any recommendation?

·
Registered
210 Posts
couple of rotala would do just fine, or else put a a few more wood with java fern at the back But 2213 for this big a tank?!? put a wavemaker asap! or else algal growth is imminent due to low flow.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Looks good karce. Glad the DHG found a good home. I would cut it back hard once it is rooted; those brown leaves will not go away on their own.

Once it fills in, with CO2 I found it got 6" tall, so it will look really nice with the arrangement you have there. Nice job!

·
Long-time Lurker
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey thanks Tom! I cut them in half last week but too busy (or lazy) for an update. Thinking that I might wait for a bit more to cut them down to the root like you said.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.