The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an ADA 60-P (24in x 12in x 14in) that I will be setting up soon. I call it a pre journal because this is behind the scenes, I'll post pic of the stand my dad is building too. It will be an Iwagumi mountain layout. I would like to have larger plants in the front against the glass to give it perspective. If you have the ADA book I want to imitate the first scape. I don’t know what plants in the large clump of plants or the smaller foreground plants. In the “valley” behind the rocks I would have dwarf riccia with a bit of HC and dwarf hair grass. Any plants to go in the fore ground would be helpful.

Tech Specs:
Eheim 2213 (should have got 2215)
Pressurized Co2
Nova extreme 2 x 24w T5 HO suspended about 1 foot above tank
Fertz:
KNO3
KH2PO4
Plantex CSM +B
Ultimate GH Booster (macro)

And so it begins...

I don't like the new logo, I wish I got the other one more timeless

Here are the photos of my scape (sorry for the towels)
Large clumps of plants in foreground. I don’t know for midground maybe HC. Background, behind the ridge riccia, HC, haigrass mix like this pic.

Close-ups on the rocks (seiryu stone)

Any plant suggestions would help sorry for not having pictures of the large plants against the glass.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
I think this should be in the tank journal area but im sure if you notify a mod they will move it for you no problem.

I love 60-p's I have one and feel free to check it out in my sig.

I have a 2217 on mine and am extremely happy with it. You could get a 2215 impeller and put it in the 2213 to boost flow but you might want to see how the 2213 works out for you.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Well I am not ready to set it up and I like my scape I just need help with plants. I only posted the pics to let people get a better idea of what to work with. I could remove the photos if you think I should. Oh and thanks for the offer.
I dont care just trying to point you in the right direction. It may also get more feedback in the proper location.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what kind of plants were you thinking? stem plants? or something like a sword or crypt? or what?

you could do hairgrass that isnt trimmed so short
Probably sword like plants.
Here is my plant list so far:
Riccia
Dwarf Hairgrass
HC
Dwarf Sag
I think I need about 6 more plants. I will have an example of what I am looking for once I finish my homework.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.