The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried to do a k1 media filter. I don't know if I drilled to many holes in the top or what , but the k1 isn't moving around like it does it other videos. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So doing a little more research I found that it may be the shape of the bottle. Thinking of going with a Fiji bottle. Also found it may take a day or two before the k1 really moves. Sorry no pics or video.

·
Registered
27 Posts
From some of the you tube videos I've watched, they all say it takes a day or two before all the k1 is moving around. Also only fill the bottle a little more than half way up with k1.

So doing a little more research I found that it may be the shape of the bottle. Thinking of going with a Fiji bottle. Also found it may take a day or two before the k1 really moves. Sorry no pics or video.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just an update. Got it up and running from the new design. The original container was a more rectangular bottle. The square Fiji bottle did the trick. It's moving really nice now. May add a little more k1 once it really get's going. I only added just under half the bottle. It's amazing what a few design flaws will screw up. Thanks to everyone who responded. I gotta say I love this forum!!:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.