The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was last in the freshwater game planted aquariums were not what I see now. Dutch style had only just become established. Now it's a whole new world and I've decided to be a part of it all. :)
Lacking space, I opted for a Juwel Lido 120 and I'm very happy with the style and size of it.
The tank was delivered on Monday and I filled it on Wednesday. Plants arrived and were planted on Friday. Now I wait impatiently for it to cycle...

A few more plants should be delivered this week and I hope they will all settle in soon.
I'm dosing CO2 and liquid ferts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since ammonia and nitrite both still zero after 5 days I decided to do fish-in cycling... got 4 sparkling gouramis in today... roll on water changes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This week I decided to set up another tank to hold my dwarf gouramis so that my planted tank will only have tetras and a pair of rams. The gouramis are happier in their new home.
I have also decided to splash out on a decent CO2 system with timer solenoid to keep my planted tank growing hopefully nicer than it has been with the manual starter system used so far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

My tank was growing out really nicely, but we felt it was a bit chaotic, so over the long weekend we moved all the livestock to another tank (sadly, lost 2 pygmy corys in the process) and stripped this one down completely.
I took the opportunity to remove the huge internal juwel filter to give more space for the new aquascape.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Interested in seeing how you plant it. I kinda think it would look cool if the wood was pushed together a little more, but then if there was a carpet or a feature plant there it would look cool too... I'm bad at this game 😅

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interested in seeing how you plant it. I kinda think it would look cool if the wood was pushed together a little more, but then if there was a carpet or a feature plant there it would look cool too... I'm bad at this game 😅
The plan is to have a "path" of carpet between the wood.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I decided I wasn't happy with that scape so I re-scaped the tank again about 1.5 weeks ago. This is what it looks like now and I'm finally very happy with it. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts