The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've had a rio 180 tank for 15 years ,2 years back I got a helialux led 1000 light, I remember when I first put it on it was that bright it hurt my eyes,I then brought day night controller, was quite chuffed at the time, didn't have live plants so didn't put it to use, last February I got a new cabinet so thought I'd go to town and set my tank up for plants, spent over £700 running co2, brought 36 plants ,6 months later I have 5 plants left,put so much effort in and no rewards, when setting my program on day night controller I tried many times but couldn't get it to come straight on at 100% it would take 15 minutes to get to full, I've gone in and out of the program and its like when you go out of settings and the program runs it only gets up to about 80/85% full white , it says these lights are state of the art high performance lights for optimal plant growth, yet even with co2 fertiliser root tabs and soil I am failing big time, I am a member of a Facebook aquarium group, and its said how they dimm over time and I need to up grade my lights, 1 saying he runs 4 x for tank half the size and I've basically wasted my money, so is this correct and actually these lights are a bit rubbish, if that's the case could I buy some sort of cheap light to add to it or I'd just have to buy whole new unit, and yes indeed I deed waste £250 ):
Would really appreciate some guidance

·
Registered
13,079 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.