The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I am new in this tank-world :laugh2: so I have some questions and doubts

I am about to get a new tank - Juwel 125L. not yet exactly sure if it will be planted aquarium or just fish because i have doubts about fish and would like to hear some suggestions :)

i am not interested that much in tropical themed aquariums with a bunch of small fish - id much rather have 1-3 fishes that grow pretty big with time. First idea were 2 Oranda Goldfishes.. now I am considering 2 Angel fish maybe, or maybe a red devil cichlid... even some dwarf piranhas and discus came across my mind..

I would like to hear some more experienced oppinions about fishes - i dont want to overcrowd my tank or to buy a fish that will grow too big for it.

Thank you everyone for reading and for the help in advance!:smile2:

·
Registered
625 Posts
A pair of angelfish would certainly be nice in there whether you decided to plant or just do a nice hardscape. If you want fancy goldfish I would suggest getting one really nice one and keep him single to maintain high water quality. I think goldfish are best displayed without plants but you could keep java fern or anubias with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A pair of angelfish would certainly be nice in there whether you decided to plant or just do a nice hardscape. If you want fancy goldfish I would suggest getting one really nice one and keep him single to maintain high water quality. I think goldfish are best displayed without plants but you could keep java fern or anubias with it.
Thank you for help :) Yeah, I like the idea of angelfish they are so gorgeous, but am little afraid that the two might outgrow the tank- feel better about the two now though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts