The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know i pump crazy amounts of co2 in my 120, my DC is YELLOW!! and I do have 2 overflows with a sump, so co2 evaporates everywhere.... but 10lbs in exactly 2 weeks?

I sprayed every connection with soapy water and nothing! my friend told me to fill up a tub with water and submerge everything and see if I can spot any leaks that way.. would this be ok?

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to agree....Since its yellow WHY not turn it down a knotch?

How are you injecting?
if everything is doing well, I thought it would be ok to leave it in the yellow. I have 2 65mm diffusers on each side of the tank. each diffuser is under a power head just to disperse it better.

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you looked into injecting it into the Sump? I have heard there is a lot less waste when done this way.

I did, but the level of water is not that high where the return pump is. so im not sure how efficient that will be. Plus I have a sponge on the pump restricting water flow.

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gotcha...maybe Inline will help. Sumps are not my area really but there is someone on this site or another that had a great sump setup and kept his at 3bps and was very effective.
when I purchased this system, I was told to use 2 x 65mm diffusers to compensate for the 2 corner overflows and i was also told to cover up the sump ( which i did )

but even with all of the co2 escaping, I shouldnt be using 10lbs in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I'm running twin reactors on my 90g and both BC's run too fast to even guess the count. I stopped using a DC when it never turned back from yellow or green. I just crank it up until the fish show it and then back one down a little. I also stopped using the controller so it runs 8 hrs/day. The last 10# lasted me 3 months.

I'd guess there's a leak somewhere. In your OP you asked about putting the thing in a bucket of water. I might, just not the gauges or the solenoid. ;) I like using dish soap with very little water added and then use a syringe to apply it. All my discovered leaks have been at the cylinder to regulator connection.

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i got it from GLA. I emailed Orlando and he asked me a few questions. I have to go see where the leak is. if its in the equipment, im sure he will make it right.

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Are you sure that the tank was filled all the way? Some places fill by equalizing the pressure in your tank with their tank, while others fill by weight. My 5lb tank will last less than 2 weeks on my 90G if it's not filled by weight, but it'll last about 2 months if it is.

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are you sure that the tank was filled all the way? Some places fill by equalizing the pressure in your tank with their tank, while others fill by weight. My 5lb tank will last less than 2 weeks on my 90G if it's not filled by weight, but it'll last about 2 months if it is.
it was filled by weight. i saw that the scale was 10lbs... almost 11

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.