The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 gal tank with gravel substrate A myrio, anubias nana and an regular sized anubias, moneywort and 3 small amazon swords. I want to carpet 1/2 the bottom(or more) with HC. I have replaced the 13 watt strip with a 25 watt screw in using a gooseneck fixture about 4 inches off the water.
Question...should I have two 25 watters going together? or one 35watt?

I will be adding Co2 this week DIY at first.

Question....Do I turn off my airpump/airstone and only run it at night to de-gas the tank?

I have a bit of algae forming so I think I need Co2.

Pfertz simple solution with tabs and a bottle of N coming this week.

Thanks in advance....I'm having fun so far!

·
Super Moderator
12,014 Posts
Try it with a single 25 watt first, then increase to two, if you need to. Just for comparison, I had two 13 watt CFLs over a 2.5g nano and had explosive growth (about once a week trimmings!).

For the DIY CO2, turning the airpump off during the day will help avoid outgassing. Running it at night is an extra safety precaution against accidentally gassing your fish.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try it with a single 25 watt first, then increase to two, if you need to. Just for comparison, I had two 13 watt CFLs over a 2.5g nano and had explosive growth (about once a week trimmings!).

For the DIY CO2, turning the airpump off during the day will help avoid outgassing. Running it at night is an extra safety precaution against accidentally gassing your fish.
Howbout without co2 right now. Can I keep my airstone/pump turned on
or should I turn it off?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts