The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just rescaped my tank and am happy with it. The prior setup was a dirted tank that I let get out of control so algae took over. It is quite barren now, I only salvaged a couple plants from the previous setup. Can someone help me identify the plants on the right, behind the driftwood? I am also trying to find some foreground plants, preferably something red, any suggestions here? I superglued riccia to the driftwood so I am waiting to see if that will turn out nice or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
The plants on the right are Cryptocorynes. Not surprised they survived, very tough plants and very beautiful too. I always think C. wendtii but there are other possibilities.

Looks nice, I like the way you used the moss balls.

Never heard of gluing Riccia down. It doesn't form roots, wonder what happens if you keep it well trimmed? Would the stuff that's glued continue to grow so glue works or will it die back no matter what and float away? You will find out!

The java fern in front of the left hand wood would look nice super glued to the low horizontal bit of wood inside, it's rhizome should be out of the substrate in any case.

Are you planning to put a dark background on to reduce the visual clutter?

Is there CO2 on the tank? I have Hygrophila 'Araguaia' as a red mid/foreground plant. Might be too large scale as the leaves are narrow but get to be several inches long and it sulks big time if there's any shading. There's a mini something that is loved by many these days going around, Alternanthera mini?

I think a fast growing stem plant would finish off things and help establish the tank though. Myrio, Cabomba, pennywort anchored near the corners would be nice. I'm a fan of aquatic weeds like mini pennywort too. I can see it going nuts on the right side fore/mid ground as the little plant you have there establishes itself and the bright yellow green color would contrast with the dark velvety moss balls.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.