The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love your tank top!! It looks like a roof.. What is it and where can I find some??.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Guzas..
This is actually a custom made top..
Its a normal hood which I got from my LFS
On top of it I have attached plastic roof tiles which are pretty common here in India..
Attaching a picture of a similar hood and tiles..
These tiles are available on eBay india.. Couldn't find elsewhere..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Dhaval, I am from India too. What substrate is that?
Hi!
Good to find someone from India..
This is normal river sand.. I get it for 50rs/kg here in mumbai..
If you wish you can add dry fertilizer or fertilizer tabs..
I have two fish stores I visit regularly.. Both use the same and they have marvelous scapes..
Where are you from?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hi!
Good to find someone from India..
This is normal river sand.. I get it for 50rs/kg here in mumbai..
If you wish you can add dry fertilizer or fertilizer tabs..
I have two fish stores I visit regularly.. Both use the same and they have marvelous scapes..
Where are you from?

So I suppose the sand is inert (no ferts in it or even high CEC). Is it?

Fert tabs: I have used Sera and got good results. I use contro soil mixed with river/golden sand and my amazons do good in my no CO2 injected tank. Which fert tabs have you used or do those stores use for the good results they got? It will be good to know.

Dry ferts: do you use those? Which ones and from where do you get them? I use this dual bottle liquid fert set we get around here (the manufacturer is Mumbai or Thane based I think, Rs 180) which has macros, micros and traces and I am doing fine with them. I forget the brand name. But I could get into dry ferts eventually.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I suppose the sand is inert (no ferts in it or even high CEC). Is it?

Fert tabs: I have used Sera and got good results. I use contro soil mixed with river/golden sand and my amazons do good in my no CO2 injected tank. Which fert tabs have you used or do those stores use for the good results they got? It will be good to know.

Dry ferts: do you use those? Which ones and from where do you get them? I use this dual bottle liquid fert set we get around here (the manufacturer is Mumbai or Thane based I think, Rs 180) which has macros, micros and traces and I am doing fine with them. I forget the brand name. But I could get into dry ferts eventually.
Actually I don't use dry ferts.. I was on a tight budget when I set this up.. However now I use a liquid fert.. I don't remember the name..

Actually I won't consider river sand as inert.. Its natural, but not inert like beach sand or gravels.. This has some amount of mud in it.. When I washed it b4 setting up, I got a lot of muddy water..

As for my fish store I ll get you the complete details this Saturday.. I will be visiting on Saturday..
You can look up "Aquanature" and "Aquatrees Aquascaping" and "Utekar fisheries" on facebook..

There is this new liquid fertilizer coming up called aquatilizer.. I m going to try it out next

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.