The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I've recently moved to NJ and we are moving to Metuchen (central jersey / edison / piscataway area) this weekend (been living with the boyfriend's parents in orth jersey :tongue:)

So I will be setting up the tanks that I took down for the move again soon, along with getting the big tanks that we moved with back up to snuff!

SO i am looking for a good local fish or pet store with reasonable prices :) i've had too many issues with diseases from getting fish AND plants from large chain stores and would rather not deal with that, plus i don't mind supporting mom n pop shops even if they're slightly more expensive. Stores that stock cool / interesting / rarer fish as well has a decent plant section are definite bonuses.

Anyway, any info would be great! thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Check Animala N Things in Woodbridge in Rt1 & RT35 intersection. It is a big store with lots of fishes. Sometime they will have plants.

Pet Shanty in RT22 scotch plains carry fish & plants. You need to call them before for plants availability.

Shark Aquarium in RT22 Hillside is also good.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the suggestions jerzguy!

After a little googlemapping i found those are all a bit of a drive for me, 30 mins or so, was hoping to find something a little closer for those quick or "emergency" trips :) so i'm open to more suggestions too

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
494 Posts
There's one on Rt 17 in Mahwah called Fishtown. They are the best in that area. And there is one in Clifton on Rt 46, which is the best I have ever seen called Absolutely Fish. A little pricey but worthwhile.

Come to think of it there are a few other LFS around there that carry unusual-type and amounts of fish. I don't know their names though. You could do a Google search and visit them. Its fun

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool, thanks for the suggestion! I actually haven't checked out Animals and Things but I just a couple days ago that it's a LOT closer to me than I realized, so I'm excited to check it out, I'll have to check out aquatic obsessions while I'm over there! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.