The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody i am new hear and i start my new planted tank few months ago and i an facing so many problems with algae, so i like to know if my light is good or no:

2x36 gro-lux , 1x36 Arcadia, 1x36 Philips.
the distance between the tank surface and the lights is 3" , and between the substrate and the tank surface is 18".

Tank size 120x45x47-----------LxDxH

so please i need help

thanks

·
Are these real?
15,740 Posts
Hello Hussain, welcome to the Planted Tank.

Algae are mostly a result of imbalances between Light and Nutrients. Often we supply a lot of light and hardly dose any fertilizer, and as a result plants don't grow and algae take over.

To get a better idea, let me do a quick conversion... Your tank is 120x45x47, so that's 250 liters, roughly 65 gal. (We tend to think in gallons over here :wink:).

Let's assume you have fluorescent strip lights with some sort of reflector, a total of four, so that would be 144W for some "medium" lighting. Should be good lighting-wise.

You should look into fertilizer dosing, including CO2. Read up in the Water Parameters forum, many folks have similar issues which can be addressed in similar ways.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am running pressurize co2 system in my tank and i am using the full seachem products (Flourish, Excel,Iron,Trace ,Potassium,phos.,Nitrogen) and i am following the seachem dosing chart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.