The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
This moss if id correctly should be Jungermannia psudocyclop. Amazing you recovered it

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This moss if id correctly should be Jungermannia psudocyclop. Amazing you recovered it
Really??? Maybe that's why it came back for me -- I didn't know it would be difficult to recover. ;-)

Bump:
It would be fun to create a miniature world. I like the way you have it on the mesh like a little bridge. How are you planning on using it?
Not sure how I'm going to use it, to be honest! I just wanted to see if I could get it to come back. It will probably go into a shrimp tank at some point. Or it may stay in the DSM when I floor it. I definitely want to let it get really grown out before I submerse it, though!

Bump:
I just googled the proper name not much on this moss im curious what it looks like all grown out. ill be following ya.
yeah the little mat actually looks really cool its all standing strait up.
I hadn't heard anything about it before, either... I Googled "mini rosa" and it kept correcting it to "mini rose". I think it's a fairly uncommon moss, from what @StrungOut is saying?

Bump: Heya, @StrungOut, is this what it will look like once it is submersed? http://www.gambamania.com/musgos-en-porciones/1123-rose-moss-jungermannia-pseudo-cyclop-tarrina-50ml.html

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I meant recovering moss is hard in general.

Here's what it looked in my tank:

The moss is unique in that it grows rhizoids, has a bit of weeping effect
it doesn't look the moss, i got it from the UK, you can search on ebay and you'll find the link.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I meant recovering moss is hard in general.

The moss is unique in that it grows rhizoids, has a bit of weeping effect
it doesn't look the moss, i got it from the UK, you can search on ebay and you'll find the link.
Ohhh... I've only ever brought fissidens back... I just kinda winged it on this one. It's really neat stuff! Would you like some back when it grows out?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Ohhh... I've only ever brought fissidens back... I just kinda winged it on this one. It's really neat stuff! Would you like some back when it grows out?
Yeah reviving moss takes a ton of patience.
Thanks Jennie but I'm good, I'm sourcing currently purple angel moss, need to make space for it. I appreciate it though, thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.