Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
Step 1: Get bottle of whiskey
Step 2: Tease apart stems
Step 3: Painstakingly plant individual stem
Step 4: Watch stem float to surface
Step 5: Curse, take swig of whiskey

Repeat until results are satisfactory.
I'd replace the whiskey with shots of vodka, but that's just me.

Back on topic however, this is essentially the "correct" way to plant HC. As painful and tedious as it may be to plant them stem by stem, a 2x2 mat is not too bad.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
darn that means ill have to separate that mat

ill get on it as soon as i get my tank up and running

30 gallon tall with pressurized

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To plant HC, it is best to separate each plantlet individually using a pair of tweezers. Do not cut up the mat of roots/stems and runners, however.
my mat is sending runners. lets say that the whole mat is 1 runner cant break that up if i understand what you are saying

·
Registered
28 Posts
This video produced by Tropica shows mats of HC being cut up into little plugs, which are then planted with tweezers. http://www.youtube.com/user/tratropica#p/a/u/2/lX2_ky8ys6Q That is a very interesting video for several reasons.
Nice video, although your "interesting video for several reasons" had me hoping it was a cute girl or something planting the tank.

Isn't the plant being cutup into plugs Marsiela Minuta. @ 2:35 I think the name shows in the subtitle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.