The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a sweet little thing. Besides playing music, you can play games, watch video, surf & check email. The new Spore game is available for it!

It's basically the iphone without the phone. I can't justify the $70+ monthly plan so I got the ipod touch instead. I'm an apple guy but whenever I see somebody with an iphone, I think, "seriously?"

this is my first mp3 player btw.. honest.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I got the iPhone because I calculated that the plan was just about the same as what I paid for my plan at Verizon, except the $30 for the data plan per month, and I figured for a buck a day I can handle that. When there's no wifi the 3G works fairly well....

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the new 8Gig.
I thought about it and I don't need 1700+ songs and 20 hours of video (that's what my computer is for)

it's purty ain't it
here are the specs if you are out of date :)
http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/specs.html

I'm going to sew it a carrying case. I would knit but that's a skill I don't have.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I would like to play movies on it. I wonder how large a dvd movie is? There is software out there which allow you to rip a movie to the touch.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
a dvd movie is a few gigs.
A flat screen tv is best to see a movie... It's great for something like youtube or veoh.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
So you like yours as well....

I want one and have the cash, but I'm thinking of waiting and getting an Iphone later on...

Why do you torment me so?

-Andrew

·
Banned
2,470 Posts
at my school ipod is allowed during class!!! LOL and not Iphone.

what a dumb staff to allow ipod during class/test. Makes it easy to cheat

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the price of the iphone isn't bad, just the service plan.. That's where at&t gets you..
Say you get the cheapest, $70/month plan... that's $840 a year.. yikes... I'd rather spend that traveling.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but you can't jailbreak/unlock the iPhone 3G and use it on another network with another data plan?

I don't know anything about them, so sorry for the noob question.

·
Registered
319 Posts
i guess im the only zune user here and i bet everyone will bash it but i love my zune and will continue to enjoy it

1 - 20 of 94 Posts