The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re did my ten gallon and love it! Just got my betta from Indonesia which his brother won best in show @ international betta competition aqua (both look the same) I also have a peacock goby with Taiwan fire shrimp, going to put like 10 galaxy rasboras or endlers. Going to set up DIY Co2 with paintball tank and cant wait for the glosso to grow in!!

Yellow Cambodian crowntail male betta

Fin Fish Feather Marine biology Stairs

heres the tank

Water Plant Green Pet supply Botany

Plant Nature Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover

Plant Plant community Leaf Terrestrial plant Organism

Plant Terrestrial plant Wood Grass Bedrock

HERES THE VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wTnQ8KAQuE&context=C3125d9dADOEgsToPDskIcRwjCbCpuAx67Q8qXT0-i

·
Registered
392 Posts
love the betta! watch the peacock goby with the shrimp though. he attacks the airstone.....and the heater along with the filter intake.:) mine doesn't attack anything living as far as I know though....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys i will be posting more pics when the glosso grows in and i took out my peacock goby cause he was nipping on the bettas fines and will just put some galaxy rasboras or endlers for schooling

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,398 Posts
Beautiful setups! And awesome Betta. I'm on the hunt for one, myself...

Bye bye shrimpies...

Took 5 Betta simplex all of 24 hours to decimate a VERY well established colony in my very heavily planted 46gal once.... :redface:

·
Registered
429 Posts
SNAP!!! Looks like we both bought from the same breeder:smile:

I just purchased this boy and a female to match to breed!
Got this one to show too (female is nice also)

I have kept Bettas for many years/bred and showed them to Championships. I have kept a Betta in a tank 2.5 gallon with Cherry shrimps with no problem. I even watched a shrimp jump in front of my Betta's head and he didn't even bother..I don't think they see very well!

Shrimps can easily outmanouver a Betta, so I wouldn't worry too much about him snacking on them...however any other fish might be a problem. I have baby Killifish living happily in my CRS tank (they hatched from eggs on the moss I moved over there) and they don't touch my shrimps at all.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks! once is a blue moon i'll see the betta eat a baby shrimp but I don't mind since I have another tank with Taiwan fire reds and most shrimp hide. wow those bettas are beautiful! where did you get them from? I usually get them on aquabid but I'm waiting to set up my betta tank with dividers to switch him to that which I haven't seen any one use the idea I'm thinking about. And this Ebi tank will be only oebt and some other kind of Neo's

·
Carpe Diem
7,566 Posts
Took my new beta sorority less then 24 hours to kill every cherry in the tank. What I found interesting was that only 2 out of the 7 bettas were responsible. The other 5 were ignoring the shrimp.

via Droid DNA Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Took my new beta sorority less then 24 hours to kill every cherry in the tank. What I found interesting was that only 2 out of the 7 bettas were responsible. The other 5 were ignoring the shrimp.

via Droid DNA Tapatalk 2
lol sorry to hear that. looks like it depends on what betta you get. btw if you are look for more shrimp to put in another tank I have a few Taiwan fire shrimp for sale.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.