The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just came to my door about 15 minutes ago (the Fed Ex guy looked so exhausted. 3 flights of stair must be horrible for him!) and I am so lost as to what to do. I suppose I should whip out the manual and see what to do. My sister is the one who really ordered it. We got that deal where they give you Little Big Planet for free as well as Walle on Blu Ray.

Who else has a PS3, and can recommend some games?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I have had one since launch. It's a great system. You will love Little Big Planet. What kind of TV do you have it hooked up to? What type of games do you like? If you have any question about hooking it up or anything really, I can probably help.

·
Registered
780 Posts
My friend really loves fat princess and I think he said it was just $15 on PSN. Unfortunately I don't have a ps3 so I am stuck playing BlazBlue, which is a good buy if you like fighting games.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I have a ps3 too, but barely play with it anymore. lol. Infamous is a pretty cool game. How many gigs is your ps3?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Overfloater- We have it hooked up to this tv. It's really nice and the picture is great. Little Big Planet is a great game. I've was playing ti all this morning. I like pretty much anything.
ddtran- We have the 80gig.

And I'll be sure to check out Fat Princess. Sounds a bit weird but I'm open to anything :)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
If you like star wars the force unleashed is awesome, you can never go wrong with ratchet and clank, prince of Persia is very good too, Assassin greed... That's all I can recommend I heard little big planet is awesome but haven't played it yet.
Congrats on getting PS3, I like it but I wanted Xbox 360 hubby didn't listen Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr LOL

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Seems every time one of these consoles come out my wife buys one. Then 6 months later when neither of has played it she gives it away to one of our moved out kids. lol

SteveU

·
Registered
743 Posts
Seems every time one of these consoles come out my wife buys one. Then 6 months later when neither of has played it she gives it away to one of our moved out kids. lol

SteveU
dart lucky you !!! i still playing the old xbox ..want to get 360 so i can mod it but will settle for the ps3 . been saying that for a long time , and the wifey always put the wwf smackdown on me every single time.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
dart lucky you !!! i still playing the old xbox ..want to get 360 so i can mod it but will settle for the ps3 . been saying that for a long time , and the wifey always put the wwf smackdown on me every single time.
I still have an xbox too. Love that console but something is wrong with mine so I need to get another which is not expensive at all and that's a very good thing :D

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
In the Madden game does he always talk about Favre? That would make it ultra-realistic. lol

SteveU

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
She must have the full size original because the slim is not available until September 1st.

Mizu - Are you using HDMI for your connection? And also be sure to set the PS3 output resolution to 720P.

·
Registered
52 Posts
She must have the full size original because the slim is not available until September 1st.

Mizu - Are you using HDMI for your connection? And also be sure to set the PS3 output resolution to 720P.
why only up to 720p, the his tv supports 1080i, its interlace but at least at 1080...although you can set the ps3 for auto....

oh and whats your psn mizu....ill add you....as for the games littlebigplanet is cool because of the ability to create levels. also the upcoming patch will enable you to create underwater landscapes....

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
why only up to 720p, the his tv supports 1080i, its interlace but at least at 1080...
Because that LCD has a native resolution of 720P. It will accept any resolution and convert it to 720P which is it's max. On a 32" TV 720P will look slightly better than 1080i. LCD's always look much better when running at their native resolution.

No sense in having the PS3 output 1080i only to have the TV convert it back down.

Most games are 720P native resolution themselves.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
If you like star wars the force unleashed is awesome, you can never go wrong with ratchet and clank, prince of Persia is very good too, Assassin greed... That's all I can recommend I heard little big planet is awesome but haven't played it yet.
Congrats on getting PS3, I like it but I wanted Xbox 360 hubby didn't listen Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr LOL
I just bought Star Wars the force unleashed yesterday and so far it's a great game to play.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts