The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo over a year ago (maybe even 2 years) a friend was moving and had to find a home for her fish..
This included 2 small "catfish".. One of course was a Pleco who is now way north of 6" and prob the cause of my never ending algae.. :(

The other was an ??? catfish.

Well dumped them into the 40b and the ??? cat darted to the bottom and disappeared.
Never saw him again and eventually assumed he had died. I wasn't even sure he was a tropical cat.
Long story..

Anyways TODAY I spotted him.. Weird.
Still only a few inches big and like a normal thin bodied cat w/ brown saddle like markings.
Never saw a pic of one like it..yet.

Well now that I got a better look..looks like some Bumblebee cat..
Anyways.. it was a surprise to me.. Never saw him when messing w/ the plants or water changes (though those are not regular)

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Soo over a year ago (maybe even 2 years) a friend was moving and had to find a home for her fish..
This included 2 small "catfish".. One of course was a Pleco who is now way north of 6" and prob the cause of my never ending algae.. :(

The other was an ??? catfish.

Well dumped them into the 40b and the ??? cat darted to the bottom and disappeared.
Never saw him again and eventually assumed he had died. I wasn't even sure he was a tropical cat.
Long story..

Anyways TODAY I spotted him.. Weird.
Still only a few inches big and like a normal thin bodied cat w/ brown saddle like markings.
Never saw a pic of one like it..yet.

Well now that I got a better look..looks like some Bumblebee cat..
Anyways.. it was a surprise to me.. Never saw him when messing w/ the plants or water changes (though those are not regular)
That is amazing! I could understand if it was a 300 gallon, but a 40!:surprise:

·
Registered
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is amazing! I could understand if it was a 300 gallon, but a 40!:surprise:
I know but the 40's always been pretty heavily grown..and after awhile of looking one sort of gives up.
His mottling is sort of close to the substrate at least in pattern..

There is heavy plant mass at the side wall I have no access to visually (against a wall tank is set on a peninsula).

Being nocturnal didn't help either or a giant Pleco occupying the other side..:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.