The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not know that little flower icon was for macro type photographing, and it never occured to me that the magnifier glass mode thing was even useful :icon_evil so all along i thought i had a cheap camera even though it's mrsp was like $500 (it's still just a sony point and click though)

anyways, can someone tell me what the bright green small and thin vine like thing growing within the moss is? no matter how much i yank it out, it just grows back.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8585/dsc02247ik9.jpg

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Now, now, it's Saturday, some folks have more important things to do than hang around on the forums ;). I wish I could help you, I've seen it, I used to know what the stuff is called. It's a pest plant although there are relatives that are sought after. A carnivorous bladderwort? Utricularia? Hopefully somebody with more experience (or a better memory ;),) will be along.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
That is it, Utricula, a carnivorous bladderwort. It is a PITA to get rid of.

Ditto! Utricularia. Keep it away from your baby shrimp (if you have any).

Tommy

·
Registered
420 Posts
I did not know that little flower icon was for macro type photographing,
Are you serious?? hahha W-OW I gotta try that when I get home :icon_lol:

More pics of tank, plz kthnxbi :wink:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
BTW, I just clean about a dozen of those snails out of my 10 gallon shrimp tank after I noticed they devoured my African Ferns, Blyxa and a lot of the other stuff.

Tommy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.