The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some time to start my 12 Gallon Long build. My spouse and I made a bet and I won, so I get a new tank. The 'scape is going to be a stream style tank and I am trying to minimize equipment for and in the tank. I will post more of that very soon.
Got the majority of the stand built and finished today. Took my time and "winged it." I was not to sure how I liked the finisbed product, but it is growing on me rapidly. The door is secured via magnets and I am awaiting hardare for it. The stand is constructed out of 3/4" plywood and is deeper than the aquarium to facilitate plumbing and to allow for a few terrestrial plants in the future. Painted it black. Decided it looked to dreary and added the cedar trim to make it pop. This is all I have to share at this point. I will share final products as I complete them.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Nice work! I think the trim was a good choice.

Reactions: Goodwood

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice work! I think the trim was a good choice.
Thank you! It was a little blah after I painted it black, the Cedar trim really turned it to 11.
When I read your post I immediately wondered what I would have to wager to get my wife to agree to another tank if I won. I didn't like the stakes I would need to put up at all :p
Hahaha! Sometimes you just have to roll the dice!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
That output should serve you well. I noticed significantly improved growth in an old tank after drilling out the original holes from approx 1/16 inch to approx 1/8 inch if memory serves. Those larger holes should give you nice gentle, but consistent flow in that long and shallow tank!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That output should serve you well. I noticed significantly improved growth in an old tank after drilling out the original holes from approx 1/16 inch to approx 1/8 inch if memory serves. Those larger holes should give you nice gentle, but consistent flow in that long and shallow tank!
Thank you. I drilled these out to 3/16 and seem to give great consistent flow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.