The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'ello all! Remember that psycho paradise fish I mentioned a while back? Well, today, in a moment of blatant crazy, I decided to try and reintroduce him to the 29 gallon display tank. Turns out that solitary confinement did the PF some good! The fish - named Cape - seems to have lost his malice for his tank mates (except for the female, Pearl, who is chased). It's quite a good thing in my eyes - Cape is a gorgeous specimen, and his feisty attitude (far more active and quarrelsome than any of my prior PF's) reminds me of mbuna! I'm going to keep an eye on him, but I think he may be genuinely reformed. Did I add that his hobby is shadow boxing with his reflection? :D

·
Registered
625 Posts
Just wait till the lights go out, I woke up to a fire mouth cichlid missing his tail and one fin, apparently he wondered into somebody's space

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wish you the best of luck but I'm with everyone else.

The peace will be short lived, especially since you have another gourami type fish in the tank.
Funny thing is that most of the stable communities with PF's in them I have read about online had more than one PF...interestingly, the first time he was in the tank Cape was more aggressive to other species than to Pearl. Now, he almost ignores everyone (except for occasionally shooing them away from his face) but spends much more time chasing Pearl and/or shadow boxing. I am feeling tempted to rename this fish 'Oscar the grouch' :icon_smil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts