The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
318 Posts
Wow so cool, and in a tub lol. I always wanted a turtle. a razor back musk turtle, My dream turtle. Where did you get yours, it looks like a res?

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow so cool, and in a tub lol. I always wanted a turtle. a razor back musk turtle, My dream turtle. Where did you get yours, it looks like a res?

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk
Yup, there's also a small yellow belly slider in there somewhere 😅 and a few thousand guppy/ endlers, 2 goldfish and a handful of silver sliders. I have a common musk turtle too, but he's upstairs in my bedroom in a 30 gallon with a colony of guppy. We got ours as rescues, my husband has an affinity for turtles so we've taken in close to 50 turtles over the years, these are all he's allowed to have now, just like I can only have 2 tanks 😂😂😂

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why don’t you make a compromise?
We did, with ourselves... I have 2 tanks and he has 3 turtles. We also share a 9 foot goldfish/ hornpout tank. These are not our only pets- we have 4 cats and 2 german shepherds and my daughter has a pac man frog. Lol we're too old to be taking care of a ton of tanks anymore, besides when my daughter goes to college in 3 years I'd like to travel here and there so portability (I have a modified camper) and ease of care are more important to me than keeping a ton of tanks. Besides, I've kept or cared for most types of aquaria out there, including brackish and reef so I'm okay with being retired. My hubby has been by my side through the complete remodeling of our house for breeding purposes and a 2nd remodel to turn it back into a solely residential property. The tub is a turtle tub now because it couldn't be replumbed right after being used as a sump so we agreed to keep the turtles we had and make this their home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.