The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most people on here seem to prefer natural tanks, and I usually agree. I think that theme tanks can be fun sometimes, though. I was wondering if anyone had done a tank that looked like a jungle, with little huts grouped together for form a village. I got the idea when looking at the coconut shells that I have in my krib tank. I think that if I group the shells right and use the right plants, that it could look kind of neat.

Does anyone else think this would look interesting, or would it just look stupid? Also, what low tech plants would work to make the village look like it was in the middle of a jungle?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Interesting concept, I'd imagine mosses and stuff that can attach to the houses of the village would help create the affect you'r after. Also many small leaved plants will make everything else look bigger.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I never understood having a display that should be on land in an aquarium, but that's just me. Shipwrecks I get, castles I don't. Sunken logs make sense, egyption pyramids not so much. I guess I'm lacking an imagination Heh.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I never understood having a display that should be on land in an aquarium, but that's just me. Shipwrecks I get, castles I don't. Sunken logs make sense, egyption pyramids not so much. I guess I'm lacking an imagination Heh.
How about most Japanese style aquascapes?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
If I were doing that I think I would go for some actual tiny huts... I often think themes can be incorporated I have two Buddha tanks planned out in my head... I've always though water wisteria looked very canopy of the jungle....
I saw one tank at someones house one time that was fantastic. Honestly it was during a party so I didn't get to ask much about it. I would say it was edge of amazon river themed. It was obviously modeled after a riverbank, a sort of loose blackwater biotype.. The beauty was the cracked abandoned and forgotten aztec style pots stick out of the mud. It was honestly breathtakingly simple..
So I see no reason why a village setup wouldnt work...

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lost city of Atlantis ? :)
I have thought about how to make a neat Atlantis themed tank in the past. I think it would look cool to get some clear domes of different sizes, maybe with miniature buildings inside, and wire it up with leds so that the city was lit up. It would look cool in a low light tank, planted with just some moss and maybe some seaweed looking plants like vals. I actually have a tank that this would look cool in, an 85 gallon hex that is around 30 inches deep. Unfortunately, I already have plans in my head to turn that tank into a very unique paludarium.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Atlantis sounds awesome...
I have giant hunks of various crystals wandering around... I've been deeply considering making a Merlin's crystal cave themed tank... Cause I can... But I;m not sure If I would actually put fish in it lol...
underwater huh.... What about that ancient ruined greek city they found off the coast?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have thought about how to make a neat Atlantis themed tank in the past. I think it would look cool to get some clear domes of different sizes, maybe with miniature buildings inside, and wire it up with leds so that the city was lit up. It would look cool in a low light tank, planted with just some moss and maybe some seaweed looking plants like vals. I actually have a tank that this would look cool in, an 85 gallon hex that is around 30 inches deep. Unfortunately, I already have plans in my head to turn that tank into a very unique paludarium.
wouldn't it be a saltwater tank if it were to fit with the theme?

Also would you put wookies or ewoks in the huts? I would aim for ewoks (that moon of endor looked way cooler than kashyyyk).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.