The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have had Jungle vale in my 55 gallon for about 3 months now and i have almost no upwards growth. The mother plants i bought have shot many, many runners. But now plant is more than 10 inches tall. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get upwards growth in jungle val?

As far as lights go i have a dual t8 32 watt setup. I have ordered a led light with full spectrum. But i am debating if i want to switch or not.

I dose Excel every other day and also flourish every week or as needed. I also use prime Water conditioner.

So please could anyone help me make an actual jungle of jungle val?

Read more: Jungle Val.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Vals don't do well with Excel dosing. Switch to CO2 or at least stop dosing the Excel and see how they do.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I also tried jungle val in my 60 gallon planted tank. I have injected co2 , and dose pps-pro ferts. The main plant put off side shoot plants , but never grew any taller than 8 inches. I finally just took it out.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I also tried jungle val in my 60 gallon planted tank. I have injected co2 , and dose pps-pro ferts. The main plant put off side shoot plants , but never grew any taller than 8 inches. I finally just took it out.
Mine did the same. I planted it 3 months ago and within a week it had shot off some runners and never grew tall. Now it's growing to the top of my 55. From what I've experienced you just need some patience with this plant. Once it gets going though it will explode.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.