The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this food safe for use in a planted tank? Also wondering how safe it is for fry and pregnant livebearers. I started using it because a few of my platies started to show signs of parasite infection, namely sunken belly (one is withered away) and stringy hair-like poo. I read somewhere that the food will get rid of the parasite, but it may possibly still be in the water? In that case, do I need to treat the water as well? I found a Jungle product for treating the whole tank, but it contained Copper and from what I understand, won't that kill off some plants?

·
Registered
567 Posts
I tried the food, and my fish wouldn't eat it. They just spit it out.

I don't know what to use for the whole tank, but I am wary of those jungle tablet products after I had their algae treatment kill hundreds of dollars worth of angelfish. I haven't used a whole-tank worm treatment in my planted tank before.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My fish had no trouble eating it, when they're hungry, they're hungry. I had to crush the pellets up a bit, then they chowed down.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
When I was treating an online purchased fish, the fish wouldn't eat it either even though it was starving to death.

it's fine in a planted tank. You might have to worry a little if you have shrimps or snails eating any uneaten medicated food.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts