The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 30 gallon tank I am going to set up soon. alas my husband decided to go ahead and get the plants for this tank before anything else. now I have a beautiful Amazon sword from petsmart in it's packaging and I was wondering how long to I have to get it in soil/substrate. is there anything I can do to extend that time? I have substrate and sand, but the tank cabinet is about a week from being finished and I don't have my lights yet, but can put the tank in view of the window.

ANY advice would be helpful!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I had some anubias I got from there I left in the package for a little longer than a week. Not sure if a sword would be any different. They are tough plants and are grown emersed most of the time so I would not be too worried about it being in there a week or two. If you are really worried about it maybe call or go to petsmart and ask them how long the self life of those plants are.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just put it in a tub of water next to a window, it won't flourish but it will most likely stay alive for a while, mine took about 5 days in the post to get to me and it survived blacked out with very little moisture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.