The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let's see how long it takes for me to finish this.:hihi:

i've had the stand & canopy for over a year. the tank was in the basement for about 6 months.

finally we (read she:icon_wink ) decided we'd stay with the carpet for a while. so i bribed a few friends with beer & chili to move the thing upstairs.

then it stayed that way for a couple of weeks while i played with the plumbing (still playing around with some things).

then i finally got to get my tank dirty.:biggrin:

i still have a little playing around to do. figure out which other pieces of wood i'll be using etc. but i really need hurry because i need to trim my jungle 37g again! there's nowhere for the discus to swim!

thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed, feel free to comment!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks!!

today si just another test fill, then drain at least half (i have short arms!) when i plant later this weekend. hopefully. it was really a test to see if the soil would be super cloudy or not.

right now i'm waiting on a magical dw fairy to drop off the "perfect" hunk-o-wood (probably will be waiting for a while on that one!), new service panel (400 amps!!) so i can have dedicated circuits. once i plant i'll hook up the pump downstairs in the sump (75g) and the madness will begin!

also, i'm waiting to get new 175w bulbs. i'm not sure if i want 20,000K on my planted tank. they're fine for my reef, but...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a nice stand! What kind of lights are you running? substrate? Looking forward to seeing the whole thing all planted!
thanks

the stand & canopy are just aga mission maple. i've wanted the set for years!

lights = 3x 175w mh

substrate is locally harvested topsoil. i call it "river bottom sludge"! i experimented with it before deciding. it was either eco or this stuff. thankfully this stuff worked great in my test tanks. it was $1.39/bag and i only needed 6 bags!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that's nothin'! for my reef i have over 100g flowing through a few tanks to show off a 29g display.

i just don't have room right now for 1000g! that day will come though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.