The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I figured I'd share this tank as well. It has been up and running for about 6 months, so I won't really go into detail on the setup, but here goes:

Tank: AGA 5.5G
Lighting: Current USA 2x18W CF Dual Daylight 6700K/10000K
Photoperiod: 18 watts x 12 hours (second bulb never goes on).
CO2 Pressurized via ADA CO2 Advanced System
Substrate: Eco-Complete
Filtraton: Azoo Palm Filter
Aeration: Rena Air 200 at lights out only
Heat: 2 x 7.5W Hydor Mini Heater
Fertilization: Flourish NPK; Flourish (whenever I get around to dosing).
Water Change: 50% whenever (every 2 to 3 weeks)
Hardscape: Pink Quartz
Flora : Blyxa Japonica, Anubias nana "petite," Hemianthus callitricoides
Fauna: Red Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina denticulata sinensis var. red)

I've got issues adjusting the white balance on the camera, and these shots are a little bit off. Any suggestions on how to rectify this?

This picture was taken mid-November '06:

And this one was taken this evening:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Sergio, your tanks are dazzling us of late. Those must be some happy Cherrys! I'm jelous of your beautiful HC. :proud:
You can tweak white balance (er color balance - after the capture) fairly easily in photoshop.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
yeah Sergio!!! been hiding this one huh? I love it. The simplicity is deep....if that makes sense.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. You know, I was sitting back and looking at this tank yesterday and I thought to myself - really for the first time - this tank is nice. I started it up while I was finishing up my water changer, then fert doser (which I promise I'll write up soon), then planning and setting up the ADA 120 and this tank has ALWAYS taken a back seat to everything else. I really don't know how everything grew so well. I REALLY don't keep up with the ferts, CO2 will run out for days before I realize it, water changes every who the heck knows how oftern. Matter of fact, the only thing that I'm consistent with on this tank is inconsistency. The HC blows me away too. I have to trim it soon, but I'm a bit nervous about goofing it up.

Bob - Thanks for the tip. I'll screw around with Photoshop this week.

Nightshop - CO2 is at about 1 bubble every 2 seconds.

Lynn - I guess I have been hiding it! ;) Oh, and it does make sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.