The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys its me again! I recently took down the 90 to prop plants in and try to breed angels. This is my newest set up, ten gallon tank with two T8 15watt bulbs, no co2, ehiem filter, and soil base topped with eco complete. Let me know your thoughts either negative or positive! Its been up for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Reminds me of Lion King. Looks beautiful btw.

better yet:

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Really cool! Nice clean scape!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No doubt. I set it up for the Elkhart Biz-ness expo, we are setting up a booth and i wanted to do a planted and an African cichild tank so im not going to use a heater when its there. Ill prolly hide it behind the balansae when it grows thicker. And it does look like the lion king! Isn't it crazy how you subconsciously find inspiration?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It does look like Pride Rock! (don't ask me how I remember that ;)). You got anything in here other than the Cardinals?
Why yes Adam i do have other fish. I just picked up some rummy noses, a blue face borelii, and four amano shrimp from the store. But you already knew that. I also have an upside down cat in there too.

Very beautiful. It does look a lot like Pride Rock.
Why thank you sewingalot! I appreciate the support!

New pic after cleaning it up a bit and messing with the camera settings.

Random Anubias flowering pic.

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Are those rummies? They make the tank perfect. I love how the balansae drapes like that over the water. Are they hard to take care of?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love how the balansae drapes like that over the water. Are they hard to take care of?
Balansae? No just care for it like any other crypt and itll love you for it!:icon_smil

Beautiful!
Thanks Ariel!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You did a really great job on this tank. It's neither overdone nor underdone. It's just right!
Thank you Amazonfish! That was my plan. Too much can detract the viewer from the scape and not enough makes it feel boring. I tried to balance the two and create nice focal points.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts