The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had bought a jebo uv sterilizer off of ebay less that a year ago and was wondering how frequently the bulb should be changed? I have an 18 watt model.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any one got a response...please?

BTW I keep my uv on 24/7...is that not a good idea?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i know someone has got to know something about uv sterilizers....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
UV filter bulbs are just fluorescent lights with out the fluorescent phosphors in them. They basically allow the mercury vapor arc illumination to pass through the glass of the bulb as UV rather than it striking and exciting phosphors which re-fluoresce the light at a longer wavelengths in the visible spectrum. Their life I assume is about the same, but I havent looked it up or anything. The light cant go spectrum dead because it doesnt have phosphors but I imagine it might diminish slightly over time. I'd just use it till the bulb burns out personally. If it has a clear window in it like mine to see its running perhaps you could see if it starts getting really dim, but that would be hard to tell.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea mine is glows to where i can see it so i guess ill just wait until it goes out then.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.