The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with Jebao water pumps. I am looking to replace my current external pump with something wake because its so noisy. I was looking at a standard RIO pump, but stumbled on variable speed pumps that can be used to fine tune my flow, I also really like the "feed" button feature, it powers down the pump for ten minutes to allow time for feeding. The aquarium I am looking to use it on is a 180 gallon, so with the sump around 200 gallons total, and would be running about 8 feet of tubing for each over flow. Was thinking about getting two pumps, one for each return line, but wanted to see if anyone had any experience with these pumps first, if I could get away with just using one that would be fantastic.

Another option is the Reef Octopus Diablo pump, but those are a little more than twice as expensive, and the few reviews I've been able to fine on them people say they feel cheaply constructed, so not sure why they cost as much as they do other than they fact they are name brand. I am okay using off branded items as long as they function well, I have had good luck with off branded canister filters and wave makers in the past.

If anyone has used either of these brands of pumps your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Bet regards,
AQ

·
Registered
94 Posts
Love the pumps. My wp-25 I run in the lowest wave maker mode or it is nearly too much. Nothing but great experience with mine the past 6 or 8 months.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My advice would be to go to reef central forums. These are very popular with reef aquarists where stronger flow is desirable. Obviously it works just as well for planted tank but water flow is not nearly as hot of a topic as it is with reefs.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a good idea, I suppose a lot of people with planted tanks also don't have tanks 150+ gallons lol

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It probably doesn't help but I use 2x Eheim 1262 on my tank (volume of 260 gallons). Very quiet and powerful. Highly recommended by reefers.
Thanks for the suggestion, Eheim and Rio make amazing products, they are both practically silent and super powerful, I just don't believe they offer anything in the same price range that has the variable speed control and the "feed" feature where is turns your pumps off for ten minutes then resumes. These are features I want, but however do not need by any means, just saw it while I was researching pumps to replace my current return pump because its so noisy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love my dc 6000 and my wp-25, both are well worth the money

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I found a way to control my pumps using my reefkeeper, so now I can turn off everything at the same time, not just my return pumps, for ten minutes to feed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts